lunes, 10 de octubre de 2011

I will always remember you


I will always remember you.. Some complicated words huh? Some words that have a lot of meanings and most of the time some painful moments. I will always remember my grandma her names was Marcela, my parents didn’t named me Marcela because of her, but I know we had a special bond. I was her first granddaughter, so she was really excited with me. We used to spent a lot of time together, when I was just a baby she always take care of me, she loved spending time with me and when my parents go out she was the first person to say that she wanted to take care of me. I cannot remember all of the times we spent together when I was a little kid, because I can’t remember much of it, but I know she loved to take me to the beach and also to horse rides. My grandma and my aunts always tell about a story that they enjoyed a lot. The story is that one sunny day my parents went out, so they decided that I was going to be a “model” and they were going to take a lot of pictures of me with different clothes. Since I was the new baby, the new toy of the family the way they entertain was with me. So they took my whole closet out and start changing me and taking pictures of me when they were done and tired they sat down to see the pictures when they saw that there was no memory card in it so they didn’t take any picture. My grandma used to laugh a lot with this story. She loved to come and visit us, she always called me “my little princess” and after having more grandsons, I know I was her favorite. The last couple of years our relationship changed because she decided that she wanted to live somewhere else so she moved to Xela. I can say I missed her a lot because I couldn’t get to see her really often. Then one day everything change, one day our complete family decided that we wanted to see her, all her sons and daughters with her kids and family. We all go because she was really sick, she had diabetes, one of the most horrible diseases and she didn’t do the treatment very well.  So we all go took the trip around Guatemala, since we were on vacations, and finally get to her house. We spent the whole day over there and around 5pm we left because my family and I we were travelling in airplane so it was getting late. When I say goodbye for the last time I sit on her legs, hug her very tight, kiss her forehead and tell her I love you and I will see you soon. We left and then we arrived in Guatemala City, since we were really tired we all go to bed right away. At 7am my father wake me up and told me that my mother and him will go, that I didn’t have to worry that they will come back for my brother and me. I was really nervous I didn’t knew what was going on, so I told him to tell me the truth, and In the instant that he said “your grandma pass away, I am really sorry” I just couldn’t believe it and the tears all of sudden start falling. I just run to my mother and hug her, I knew my mother was devastated so I try to be strong but It was really difficult. They explained to my brother and I that she had a heart attack and there was nothing left to do, but I was so confused 12 hours before I was with her and she was alive. I didn’t want to cry so I was waiting and waiting but the next day ways the day of the burial and in the moment I knew that was going to be the last time I was going to see my grandma I collapse and I cried for days. As time has passed I know she will be with me here in my heart and I will always remember her as the splendid person she was. 

R.I.P. Marcela Veliz Samayoa 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario